KaDaTa – less paper, more benefit!
Purpose of the system
KaDaTa 3.0 Server - Automated Information Library System, Web-application with the ability to install the server in the library. Is software for automation of library technology and is intended for use by libraries of all types and profiles.
Problems solving by the creation and implementation of ALIS «KaDaTa 3.0»
- Automation of library processes - improving their performance through the introduction of modern technologies and the computerization of library and information processes;
- Commissioning and adjustment - collection, accumulation, systematization of information tools, electronic cataloging and processing of existing and incoming paper-based information;
- Accounting – Statistics of records input and corrections on library facilities, general statistics on the system (by document types, by kinds of documents, by user activity);
- Search - full and prompt information and library user service according to their requests for information on a wide access to the system through a reference retrieval system;
- Formation of an electronic catalog of books and other information sources, the gradual formation of electronic libraries with the creation of full-text databases, creation of an integrated library information system and enhancing information and library links.
The system is fully compatible with state standards UzMARC and international formats bibliographic data UNIMARC/MARC21.
The system has a conversion map, which enables the creation within the program converters, if the format is not the library.
The library can create one or more databases for their units to house the electronic catalog with data and metadata, readers catalog, orders, electronic texts, etc.
Cataloging tools can process and describe any types of publications, including non-traditional, such as audio and video, computer files and programs, cartographic materials, music, etc.
The system includes technologies that address the use of bar codes on the copies of publications and library cards.
The system supports multi-lingual (ie data entry in any language) based on UNICODE.
All components of the system`s business - architecture can be divided into several groups:
- System, full-text publications, access to them through corporate network of libraries with architectural solution of distribution of electronic catalogs within the system.
- Software for automating business processes in information and library activities with all modules. Possibility of authorization by locations (SIGLA) supported by the authorization system of Union Catalog of the National Library of Uzbekistan.
- Subsystem front-end – with user`s access to the data (client part), the implementation of system services.
- Subsystem middleware - for integrating applications and data (intermediate layer).
- Subsystem back-end – for data processing, storage and protection, including system protection.
Key principles of the system:
- Consideration of the architectural features of the existing information and library services, implemented library solutions, technologies, international and national standards;
- Unification of technologies used, suggesting the presence of a single registry and unified management, unified protocols for information exchange, common procedures of data aggregation and transmission, compatibility of database structures, common software and hardware, and etc.;
- The use of modern technical solutions, selected on the basis of best world experience of building structures of electronic catalogs attached to its library sectors and electronic libraries;
- Harmonization and standardization, involving the use of standard technical solutions (building blocks) at all levels of the system;
- The possibility of an adaptive (depending on current needs) upgrades during the entire life cycle, providing full compatibility with those arising in the course of modernization of IT and library technology.
- Centralization of necessary information resources while maintaining opportunities for resource allocations;
- Unification of technical solutions based on the use of limited set of typical configurations and constituent elements of infrastructure solutions;
- Openness, modularity and scalability of technical solutions based on the concept of providing infrastructure web services;
- The gradual build-up of functionality of components of the system architecture using web technologies;
- The use of and compliance with national and international standards of data description.
Thus, created Automated Information Library System, is a new system which is the first stage of its development, technical specifications of which will be built up while occurring new tasks assigned to the latter.
Technical measures to ensure the reliability include:
- Redundancy of critical components and system data;
- Organization of a multi-level system of duplication and archiving;
- Use of technology with redundant components and the possibility of "hot" replacement;
- The use of hardware and software support for uninterruptible power supply (UPS);
- The use of computer network security and information security;
- The use of an integrated system of administration;
- Configuration of the means and the use of specialized software that ensures high availability;
- Strict regulation of access to system resources.
Ways and means of communication for information exchange between system components and related systems
Information exchange between system components performed during on-line through a single database, and the interaction between the components of systems based on standard exchange formats. Ways and means of communication provide:
- Possibility of using TCP / IP, and various types of communication channels;
- Centralized management;
- The implementation of information security functions in accordance by requirements to protect information transmitted via communication channels laid down in national and international standards.
Using the above scheme ensures rapid transfer of data.
List of subsystems (modules) of system, their purpose and main characteristics
ALIS «KaDaTa» consists of the following modules:
- Module "Administration" - system administration;
- Module "Acquisition" - used for accounting of funds and periodic materials subscription, as well as compiling invoice documents);
- Module "Cataloging" - used by employees of cataloging and bibliography, also be carried out import / export records, verification on Doublet, forming different templates for printing, etc.;
- Module "Readers" - used by check-readers, service and storage units for user entry and their moderation in program;
- Module "Circulation" - used by the service and storage department for execution and issuance of orders, remote ordering and electronic delivery of documents, etc.;
- Module "Personal Cabinet and profile" - adjustable by the user where he can see his electronic form, order history and search.
The system implements:
- Software, structural storage, integrity and security of information;
- Protection of information from unauthorized access;
- Secure access to data;
-organization of information search in database;
- Backup software;
-ensuring the smooth operation of the DBMS;
- Information and reference services to users.
Auxiliary subsystems accounting and statistics:
ALIS auxiliary subsystems provide:
- Consideration of appeals;
- Consideration of requests for documents of digital library;
- Consideration of issuance of electronic documents;
- Formation of statistical information based on the credential;
- Maintenance of reference information.
ALIS provide maintenance and submission of the following statistics:
- Number of appeals and inquiries, appeals and inquiries frequency, appeals and inquiries by categories of users, types of requested publications, including electronic and paper form;
- The number of issued electronic documents, including the types and kinds;
- The number of subscribers, including categories of access and other features of the classification;
- Accounting and Statistics of DB formation, the number of input, corrected records;
- Statistics of Fund by kinds and types of documents, sites of copies storage.
System upgraded to the "cloud", ie Library in the corporate network gets its remote directory on the server that can be controlled remotely via personal account. It is no longer necessary for each library to have its own server and web site to access readers. This allows on the basis of system to organize a single access point for library users connected to the system (Scheme of Cloud). Readers will be able to search the literature, as in their interested library and in the other library facilities connected to the system.
Что мы еще рекомендуем?
5-летний опыт разработки программного обеспечения для государственных и коммерческих компаний, позволил нам собрать большое портфолио готовых программных продуктов для решения бизнес-задач.
Мы можем предложить вам услуги по разработке программного обеспечения, проектированию, монтажу, наладке и ремонту локальных вычислительных сетей, а также профессиональному IT-образованию.
Профессиональное IT-обучение является нашим главным преимуществом. У нас более 60 учебных программ по различным направлениям. Начиная с офисных пакетов и заканчивая языками программирования.